Croatia, Hungary, Czech Republic and Austria welcome you in their capitals to compete in spectacular long distance races to the city centres.
A handicap system guarantees excitement beteween age categories, genders and double/sweep boats – all teams get together in one ranking to win the massive cup!
|1||Ferfi Ifjusagi||Györi Atletikai Club||8+||Man||Hungary|
|2||Férfi Masters||Györi Atletikai Club||8+||Man||Hungary|
|3||Nöi Ifjusagi||Györi Atletikai Club||8+||Woman||Hungary|
|1||University of Vienna||University of Vienna||8+||Woman||Austria|
|2||Rocket Men||RGM WRC Pirat / Donauhort / Donau||8+||Man||Austria|
|3||Mladost 8+Mix||HAVK Mladost||8+||Mixed||Croatia|
RULES (new in 2017/18)
- Upon registration for the first cup regatta of the year, teams must indicate their CAPITAL CUP participation.
- Three out of four regattas have to be completed to be part of the Capital Cup.
- If teams compete in all four regattas of the season, the worst result will be cancelled.
- Cup winner will be the team which achieves the fasted added time of all three regattas in its handicap.
- Handicap system:
- The handicap system considers age, gender and boat type (8+ and 8x+). You can find the detailed handicap list here: Handicap table for Capital Cup.
- Time penalties will be included in the cup’s classification.
- The winning team receives a challenge cup which has to be returned before the last cup regatta of the following year.
- The races are open for Men’s, Women’s and Mixes teams in all age classes.
- Eligible are Eights and Octuple Sculls.
- At least four rowers of one team must take part in all three cup regattas of the season. The other rowers may change in any order.
- Changes of the boat class (e.g. from Mixed to Women’s or Eight to Octuple Sculls) are not allowed.
- Changes in age categories are allowed.
- Teams with rowers from different clubs are accepted.
- The specific regulations of each regatta have to be obeyed.